- This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domain “ccalliance.org” (the “Website”) is a complimentary information service offered by the Colorectal Cancer Alliance, Inc. (“Alliance”) at no charge to users of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that these users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. The Alliance reserves the right to change these terms and conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Website. Do not use the Website if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that the information on the Website is provided “as is” for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who are familiar with your individual medical needs. The Alliance makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree that you will hold harmless the Alliance and its shareholders, officers, directors, and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Website or the information contained in this Website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this Website or another website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will the Alliance or the contributors of information to this Website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this Website are not necessarily those of the Alliance or endorsed by the Alliance.
- If utilizing the Buddy List services offered through the Alliance, we emphasize that, while you may be seeking various kinds of advice, and buddies will almost certainly give each other advice on many topics, no medical advice is intended to be given nor will the Alliance, its officers, directors or employees be liable for any advice given. The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is committed to providing information about colorectal cancer, but information received through the Alliance or its associates does not constitute medical advice and must not be construed as medical advice or recommendations. By utilizing the Buddy List services, you agree to hold the Alliance, its officers, directors, board members and employees harmless and agree to indemnify them for any and all claims with respect to any advice, recommendations or information provided. Since the buddy relationship will take place outside of any monitored environment, the Alliance can assume no responsibility or liability for any interaction between buddies. Those who participate in buddy relationships are entirely responsible for their participation, and for the use of information placed on the buddy list.
- By utilizing our website and our services, you agree not to solicit or merchandise to buddies or any members of the Alliance.
- The Alliance may provide links on the Website to other websites which are not under the control of the Alliance. In general, any website which has an address (or URL) which does not contain “CCAlliance.org” is such a website. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by the Alliance of the organization or the individuals operating the website or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the website.
- You may provide a hypertext link to this Website on another website, provided: (a) that the link must be a text-only link clearly marked “Colorectal Cancer Alliance,” (b) the link must “point” to the URL “http://www.CCAlliance.org” and not to other pages within the Website, (c) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the Alliance’s name and trademarks, (d) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not create the false appearance that an entity other than the Alliance is associated with or sponsored by the Alliance, (e) the link, when activated by a user, must display this Website full-screen and not with a “frame” on the linked website, and (f) the Alliance reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending this User Agreement. You agree that all other hypertext links to this Website must be approved in writing by the Alliance.
- The works of authorship contained in this Website, including, but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned or licensed by the Alliance, and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored by subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without the Alliance’s prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporarily copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the Website, and the user may make one permanent printout of each page of the Website (unmodified in form, with a copy of this User Agreement attached) to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses which do not harm the reputation of the Alliance.
- This Website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by the Alliance which is incorporated in the State of Delaware, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of the State of Delaware, by accessing this Website both you and the Alliance agree that the statutes and laws of the state of Delaware, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this Website. You and the the Alliance also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the State of Delaware with respect to such matters. The Alliance makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- The Logo contained herein is a registered trademark of the Colorectal Cancer Alliance, Inc.
Ways to join the fight
Whether participating in a Walk to End Colon Cancer, volunteering at an event, or making a donation, your contribution helps in the fight to end colorectal cancer.
Donate towards finding a cure
Your gift helps fund the Colorectal Cancer Alliance mission and directly supports our life-saving work. Many thanks to you.