We know fundraising can be a bit intimidating, whether you’re an expert or a rookie. So, we put together these tips and tricks to help get your initiatives off the ground and to jumpstart your fundraising success.
Spread the Word!
- Start early – don’t procrastinate
- Take your involvement and fundraising goal public on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Twibbon your Facebook or Twitter profile picture to show your support
- Email friends and family encouraging them to donate and join your team
- Challenge your loved ones to help you raise $200 by getting 10 people to donate $20
- Remember why you’re raising this money and keep a positive attitude, even when you’re turned down
- Ask everyone and ask often!
It’s very simple to raise money—take the time to write a personal email and send it to your friends and coworkers. Everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer, so most people want to help in some way. If you ask, they will give.
Kurt Kiess, team Smart Asses
Raised more than $40,000 for the Undy Run/Walk
Read more about their story on our blog.
Ask Around the Office
- Encourage coworkers to join your team or form a company team
- Ask your company about matching gifts – click here to learn more
- Work with HR to organize a dress-down day if you meet your goal
- Ask your boss for a company contribution
- Make a “donation thermometer” to hang above your desk at work. Your coworkers will want to help that red line get higher!
- Design and sell t-shirts to rally friends and family
- Host a fundraising party
- Add a link to your personal Undy page in your email signature
- Carry donation forms with you in case you need them! Ask for a donation on the spot instead of following up with an email later
- Send personal thank you notes to your donors
- Hold a bake sale.
- Walk neighbors’ pets for donations.
- Donate your yard sale profits.