Join a nation of allies
The Walk to End Colon Cancer is about raising funds to end this disease and building community. Volunteers are an important part of the success of the event. In each city, we rely on a committee of dedicated volunteers to join the Walk Engagement Committee (WEC) to help us make the event a success. The WEC is comprised of a team of volunteers dedicated to putting a spotlight on colorectal cancer through the Walk. These roles include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the face and voice of the Alliance in the community
- Assist the national staff with recruiting local sponsors
- Distributing flyers in the community
- Coordinating volunteers for the day of the Walk
- Securing in-kind food and beverage donations
We know your time is valuable, so rest assured that this commitment will not monopolize your time, but rather connect you with others that share your passion about ending this disease in our lifetime.
If you would like to join this team of inspiring Colorectal Cancer Alliance supporters, please email our walk team with the word Volunteer in the subject at: email@example.com.
Make it happen
Volunteering at the walk enables you to be part of a successful, inspiring event that raised awareness for colon cancer in your local community. Volunteer activities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with setup and tear down of the event
- Greeting and checking in registered participants at the registration table
- Cheer on walkers along the course
- Managing the refresh and refuel tent
If you would like to volunteer at the Walk to End Colon Cancer, please emailplease email our walk team with the word Volunteer in the subject at: firstname.lastname@example.org.