Frequently Asked Questions
For additional information about the conference including scholarships, applications, and registrations, please contact:
Colorectal Cancer Alliance
To see the presentations and breakout sessions, please visit the agenda section of this website. Please note all times, events, meals, and speakers are subject to change.
What is AllyCon?
Formerly known as the Alliance's National Conference, the name signifies unity, “ally” and also accurately describes what it ultimately is - “'a conference.”
How long has the Alliance held this event?
The Alliance's first national conference was in 2002.
Who should attend, and is attendance limited?
Attendance is open to all colorectal cancer patients and survivors, both in and out of treatment, their caregivers and family members. All attendees must register in advance through our online registration process.
How do I register and is there a registration fee?
All attendees, including scholarship recipients, must register online:
For attendees not applying for scholarships, the last step in the online registration process will be payment of the $50 registration fee to confirm attendance.
For scholarship recipients, once the Colorectal Cancer Alliance receives all required forms, confirmed scholarship recipients will receive a link to pay the $50 registration.
Each attendee must register and pay separately. Registration is now closed.
What meals are included in the conference?
All meals during the course of the conference are included.
What is the dress code for AllyCon?
Dress attire for meetings is business casual or resort casual.
What are lodging and travel scholarships and how are they available?
Only a limited number of Lodging Scholarships and Travel Scholarships are available through our application process. Lodging and travel scholarships are intended to assist those attendees who might not otherwise be able to attend due to financial restraints. We kindly ask those applicants who have the means to do so, to please share in their own travel expenses so we may assist as many applicants as possible.
- All scholarships will be limited to CRC patients/survivors, their caregivers and family members.
- Applicants must live in the United States.
- Scholarships shall be awarded at the discretion of the Colorectal Cancer Alliance, and shall be fair and equal in all of its selection processes for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All scholarships will be awarded on a ‘first come, first served’ basis during the online registration process until funds are exhausted.
- Each attendee will need to apply separately and each attendee will pay a $50 registration fee.
- The Colorectal Cancer Alliance reserves the right to adjust the award amounts and/or discontinue scholarships in case of extenuating circumstances.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to obtain and pay their own transportation costs and will receive a check in the mail within 6 weeks of submitting receipts.
Travel Scholarship Specifics
Travel scholarships will occur on a reimbursement basis. Recipients will be required to book and pay their own travel. Recipients will receive an email, which will include complete details about the reimbursement process. Travel insurance is strongly encouraged.
Lodging Scholarship Specifics
Successful lodging scholarship recipients will receive two-night accommodations at the conference hotel and will be required to share a room with another lodging scholarship recipient.
- Your hotel room will be booked for you, you will receive your reservation number and roommate a couple weeks prior to the conference.
- If your family member/caregiver also receives a lodging scholarship, you will be roomed together.
- If you would like to request another lodging scholarship recipient or attendee as your roommate, please request so in the registration process. If not, every attempt will be made to create room pairings based on gender and age.
Any additional nights beyond the 2 nights awarded will be the responsibility of the recipient. Please arrange additional nights directly with the hotel, be sure to reference the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. Lodging scholarships do not include incidentals such as phone calls, movies, room service and mini bar.
If you receive a lodging scholarship, please do not make a room reservation, your room reservations will be made for you. If you are coming in early or staying after September 16-18, please contact the Marriott directly to make additional night reservations at (888) 236-2427.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
You may apply for scholarships during the online registration process. Scholarships will be awarded on a first come first served basis until funds are exhausted.
Registration is now closed.
Will I get a confirmation email after I apply?
Yes. Travel and lodging scholarship recipients will be electronically notified with instructions and timelines to complete the award process. Please pay careful attention to scholarship award emails, there are strict timelines and due dates.
When will I receive my travel reimbursement?
Travel reimbursement checks will be available for pickup onsite at the conference.
May I find a roommate to share a double hotel accommodation?
Lodging Scholarship recipients will be required to share a room. If you have a roommate preference, please indicate during the scholarship application process. If you do not have a preference, you will have a roommate selected for you.