The Colorectal Cancer Alliance wants to identify Blue Hope Partners who will help further its mission to end colorectal cancer within our lifetime. The Alliance’s mission is to empower a nation of advocates who work with us to offer support for patients, raise awareness of preventative measures, and inspire efforts to fund critical research. The Colorectal Cancer Alliance looks to partner with an organization, company or individual that provides the following colorectal cancer services: screening, treatment or research. Screening services must be provided free or low cost and target uninsured, underinsured and other underserved populations. In addition to conventional medicine such as chemotherapy, surgery or radiation, treatment programs can include clinical trials or financial assistance for colorectal cancer patients who cannot afford their treatment. Acceptable research studies include patient-oriented research, epidemiological and behavioral studies or outcomes and health services research. Research can be targeted to prevention or treatment.
- Local cash sponsorships
- Registration fees and funds generated through participants
Costs associated with marketing, promoting and conducting the event. Such costs include but are not limited to printing and mailing promotional materials, incentives for fundraising, marketing, staging, sound, race management, permits, insurance and other logistical needs.
The Blue Hope Partner percentage of net proceeds is based on fulfillment of the following:
- Success of the event
- Success of the partner’s program
- Evidence of participation and involvement in event
When determining the success of the event and evidence of participation in the event, the Colorectal Cancer Alliance will evaluate a partner’s involvement in the following areas:
- Securing a paid or in-kind sponsor
- Media and marketing placement
- Marketing the Undy event to employees
- Distributing marketing material to target Undy audience
- Forming a team and recruiting members
- Conducting team fundraising
- Securing a minimum of 5 volunteers for the day of the event
- Social media promotion of the event
- Assisting with national logistical event gaps and needs
The amount of grant funding shall be at Colorectal Cancer Alliance’s sole discretion. Grant funds must be used for the purposes outlined in the grant proposal. Approved partners will be required to sign an MOU (memorandum of understanding) outlining the use of funds and responsibilities of both the Blue Hope Partner and the Colorectal Cancer Alliance.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received at least 120 days in advance of the event.
Award Notification: Applicants will be notified via email within 21 days of submitting an application. Grant Disbursements: Grant money will be distributed by the Colorectal Cancer Alliance to Blue Hope Partners within 90-120 days of the Undy RunWalk.
Grants Consumption Deadline: Grant money must be used by Blue Hope Partners within 18 months of receiving the check.
Report Deadline: Blue Hope Partners are required to submit proof of participation within 21 days of the Undy RunWalk. Partners must also submit a final evaluation report to the Colorectal Cancer Alliance 12 months after the Undy RunWalk.
BENEFITS OF PARTNERSHIP
By partnering with the Colorectal Cancer Alliance, there are tangible benefits for the Blue Hope Partner.
Benefits for the partner include:
- A percentage of the event’s net profit
- Local referrals for those in need of services
- Text and a link to the partner’s website on the Colorectal Cancer Alliance Blue Hope Partnership Program Webpage
- Mention in event Press Release
- Logo on event website, registration brochure and race poster
- Great exposure as a supportive partner of the Undy RunWalk
- Exhibit space at the at the Undy RunWalk to promote and display materials
For questions about the Blue Hope Partnership Program application process, please contact:
Manager of Programs
Phone: (202) 628-0123, ext 147
For questions about fundraising, event details, registration, community outreach, promotional materials, media inquiries or bringing the Undy RunWalk to your city, please contact:
Senior Manager of Special Events
Undy RunWalk Series
Phone: (202) 628-0123, ext 125