Frequently Asked Questions
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is proud to present our first-ever AllyCamp taking place March 26, 2022 in Washington DC. We hope you will also join us to run or walk in our annual Scope It Out 5k at Freedom Plaza on Sunday morning at 8:30am.
For additional information, please contact:
To see the presentations and breakout sessions, please visit the agenda section. Please note all times, events, meals, and speakers are subject to change.
What is AllyCamp?
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance’s first ever AllyCamp brings the joy and bonding of summer camp to our nation of allies, a perfect antidote to the many months apart. This one-of-a-kind event will focus on building friendships, self-care skills, and experiences to remember.
Who should attend?
All are invited - newly diagnosed patients, long term survivors, caregivers, family members, advocates, and other allies. All attendees must register in advance through our online registration process.
How do I register and is there a registration fee?
All attendees, including scholarship recipients, must register online and pay a $200 registration fee to confirm attendance. Each attendee must register and pay separately.
Is there a cut-off date to reserve a room?
Yes, the reservation deadline for non-lodging scholarship attendees is March 11, 2022. Reservations made after that date, or after the Colorectal Cancer Alliance room block sells out, may be subject to a higher rate or may not be available.
If you have applied for a lodging scholarship, please do not reserve a room. Lodging scholarship recipients will have their hotel reservations made for them.
What are lodging scholarships and how are they available?
A limited number of lodging scholarships are available to support attendees with financial need. To qualify for a lodging scholarship you must:
- Be a colorectal cancer patient, survivor, caregiver, or family member.
- Live in the United States,
- Have an annual household income less than $75,000.
- Apply separately and pay a $200 registration fee for each attendee.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first served basis until funds are exhausted.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Colorectal Cancer Alliance, and shall be fair and equal in all of its selection processes for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The Colorectal Cancer Alliance reserves the right to adjust the award amounts and/or discontinue scholarships.
- How do I apply for a scholarship?
More Lodging Scholarship Details
- Lodging scholarship recipients will receive a two-night stay and will be required to share a room with another scholarship recipient.
- Your hotel room will be booked for you. We will email your reservation information and roommate a couple weeks prior to the conference.
- If your family member/caregiver also receives a lodging scholarship, you will be roomed together. Note: each individual must apply for a scholarship separately.
- If you would like to request a roommate, please do so in the registration process. If not, every attempt will be made to create room pairings based on gender and age.
- Additional nights beyond the nights awarded will be the responsibility of the recipient. Please arrange additional nights directly with the hotel and reference the Colorectal Cancer Alliance for the discount rate.
- Lodging scholarships do not include incidentals, a credit card will be required at check-in to cover incidentals.
Will I get a confirmation email after I apply?
Yes. Lodging scholarship recipients will be notified with instructions and timelines to complete the award process. Please pay careful attention to the scholarship award emails, there are strict timelines and due dates.
Can I request a roommate to share a double hotel accommodation?
Lodging Scholarship recipients will be required to share a room. If you would like to request a roommate, please email the registrar at email@example.com.
What airport should I fly into?
Reagan National Airport (DCA) is the closest airport about 20 minutes away. BWI is about 1 hour and 15 minutes away. Washington is also a hub for the Amtrak train service, Union Station is 1.2 miles away. The Marriott is nearest the Blue Line Metro stop.
How do I get to the hotel from the airport?
No hotel/airport shuttle available. Uber/Lyft and Taxi service are available as well as the Metro Subway service- fee: $2.55 (one way) from Regan National.
Are there special events and social receptions planned?
Yes, please check the Agenda for more information.
What meals are included in the conference?
Friday: Welcome Reception (light appetizers and drinks)
Saturday: breakfast & lunch
Saturday night: dinner party
What is the dress code for the Conference?
Dress attire for Camp is resort casual - flannel highly recommended!
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 877-422-2030.
If you have a financial need preventing you from attending AllyCamp, please reach out to the registrar.