Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Vice President of Marketing & Communications
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We are seeking a talented and hardworking individual to lead our Marketing & Communications efforts as the Vice President of Marketing & Communications at the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. This is a very influential role in the organization and an opportunity to make a tremendous positive impact on cancer research, cancer treatment and cancer prevention, while working with other professionals who are dedicated to making a measurable difference.
The Alliance team in DC and around the nation help patients and families, survivors and caregivers, navigate their diagnosis and treatment, connecting them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, address concerns, and identify resources to meet their needs. The organization partners with healthcare professionals, celebrities and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical initiatives. Our efforts are urgent, effective and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The primary purpose of this position is to enhance the visibility, reach and impact of the Alliance’s mission and 3 pillars: Prevention, Patient and Family Support and Research programs. The Vice President will assist the CEO in building and protecting the relationships and reputation of the Alliance through traditional, digital and social platforms. The Vice President will activate the vision of the CEO and board of directors, and lead the Marketing and Communications team to become further evidence based and innovation oriented. Additionally, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications will work with the Development teams to create campaigns that grow our online and offline communities to increase engagement.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications strategy to advance the Alliance’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences, including the general public, patient and caregiver community, and the medical professional community.
- Develop the narrative to communicate the mission and vision of the Alliance.
The Vice President of Marketing & Communications will oversee the Communications team that has primary responsibilities in the following areas:
- Content writing, editing, proofing, publishing and speech writing.
- Social media content creation.
- Communication and engagement with media and current supporters.
- Public relations strategy and execution.
- E-newsletter and email campaigns.
- Develop strategy and plan for earned, owned and paid media, as well as experiential marketing.
The Vice President of Marketing & Communications will oversee the Marketing team that has primary responsibilities in the following areas:
- Technology analysis and implementation.
- Online advertising (pay per click campaigns, A/B testing).
- Social media advertising.
- Search engine marketing.
- Setup and measurement of goals through technology systems (analytics/measurement dashboards/conversion rates).
- Optimize online user experience.
- Identify digital trends and opportunities.
- Search engine optimization.
- Print flyers/promotional materials.
- Event promotion.
- The Alliance’s online store which sells awareness merchandise and giant inflatable walk-through colons.
- Recruit and manage the Marketing/Communications team of six to support the development and execution of the communications strategy.
- Serve as a mentor to the Marketing/Communications team and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisal.
- Compile and present Marketing & Communications metrics and strategic planning documents to the board of directors and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (English, marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or a similar field). Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, create and advance projects with a high degree of independence.
- Cohesive/ strategic thinker with a proven track record in creating and executing immediate, mid and long term strategic plans.
- Ability to thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment that emphasizes excellence and teamwork.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and project management skills.
- Outstanding verbal communications skills and the ability to make oral presentations.
- The ability to foster and develop new partnerships for program development.
- Strong financial management skills. Vice President will oversee department budget.
Up to 15% travel is anticipated for this position.
Chief Operating Officer
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without all three of these required items will not be considered.