Undy RunWalk Associate
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is seeking a detail-oriented, dedicated and hard-working individual to assist our fundraising efforts as the Undy RunWalk Associate on the Undy RunWalk Team.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients and families, survivors and caregivers, navigate their diagnosis and treatment, connecting them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, address concerns, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The Undy RunWalk Associate will be instrumental in helping the Colorectal Cancer Alliance achieve its annual revenue goal through successful execution of a portfolio of 5k Undy RunWalks.
The primary responsibility of the Undy RunWalk Associate is to recruit, train and steward volunteer leaders who execute successful Undy RunWalk events in their respective cities. The Associate must have a passion for fundraising, excellent writing and communications skills, pay close attention to detail, be a motivated self-starter and a team player.
This position will require weekend travel throughout the United States approximately 7-10 times a year.
- Manage a portfolio of six Undy RunWalk races each calendar year, striving to exceed revenue goals in each.
- Identify, recruit, manage and steward Undy Engagement Committee members for each Undy and partner with them to ensure effective race planning and execution.
- Empower Undy Engagement Committee members to manage race logistics and fuel fundraising for each race.
- Steward team captains and race participants in an effort to increase fundraising and actively recruit new teams and participants.
- Steward toward renewal all existing Undy RunWalk sponsors and provide support to each in realizing their sponsorship benefits.
- Partner with the Undy Engagement Committee members to identify and solicit new local sponsors for each race.
- File and obtain all state, county, and/or municipal permits for Undy RunWalk race locations.
- Communicate and prepare the expo layout and course map for on-site staff for each Undy RunWalk event.
- In partnership with volunteer leaders, research, contract, and manage all race-related vendors including timing companies, DJs, tents and security personnel.
- Manage the expense budget for each Undy.
- Keep updated internal documents used to track expenses, participant engagement, sponsorship, and overall revenue of Undy RunWalks.
- Manage the virtual Undy RunWalk program by coaching and stewarding virtual participants to increase their fundraising.
- Assist with each Undy RunWalk website and all Rallybound platform updates and work in tandem with the internal IT Department on all user experience and web site tasks.
- Partner with the internal Marketing & Communications Department to execute all Undy RunWalk marketing efforts.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees of the organization are expected to fulfill the following:
- Gain a general understanding of colon cancer prevention and treatment and be an advocate for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance and its mission.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, constituents and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year of work experience in event planning or volunteer management. Related internship experience applies.
- Equal measures of creative and critical thinking, passion and integrity.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Peer-to-Peer fundraising tactics and the Rallybound platform. HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Driven to succeed and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with a proven ability to work independently, exercise professional judgement and discretion.
- Ability to adapt to changes and competing priorities.
- Quick thinker with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- Collaborative work style to facilitate work across departments and teams.
- Team oriented, flexible, creative, positive, personable and eager to learn.
Washington, DC. This position requires travel to 7-10 Undy RunWalk events each year on the weekends.
Director of RunWalk & Volunteer Engagement
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without all three of these required items will not be considered.