Social Media Manager
Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to use your expertise in social media to help save lives or make a positive impact on those in need? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
Managing one direct report, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for utilizing our social platforms to communicate and engage with our community and raise awareness of our programs to help us reach our ambitious goal of serving 750,000 annually.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve over the course of the first year include:
- Increase the number of new fans and followers across Alliance social media platforms by at least 6%.
- Increase our overall engagement rate per impression across our platforms to over 5%.
- Forge 5 new successful partnerships with social media influencers that result in increased brand awareness for the Alliance.
- Create a set of social media analytics that allows the organization to measure campaign performance and leverage those analytics to effectively communicate progress to key stakeholders.
- Successfully forge strong working cross-departmental partnerships as a result of your social media expertise and the deployment of effective campaigns.
It is not an understatement to say that this position will be part of a team responsible for saving thousands of lives and improving countless more. The urgency of the situation due to the 1.4 million people in the US that have this disease requires that we find someone who can deliver results immediately. We believe a proven record of accomplishment in managing social media for associations/nonprofit organizations similar in size and scope would be critical for someone to be successful in this role. If you have that experience, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to jobs@ccalliance(dot)org. Please include "Social Media Manager" in the subject of the email.
Some travel may be required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Director of Digital Strategy
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to jobs@ccalliance(dot)org. Please include "Social Media Manager" in the subject of the email.