The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. The organization’s Cure pillar has spearheaded a variety of critical research activities in colorectal cancer through funding for innovative study concepts; convening and collaboration among top scientists; and mixed methods research with patients and caregivers to understand gaps and needs along their cancer journey.
As one of our many 2021 priorities, we aim to evaluate all of the Alliance’s research outputs to date, gain a deep and thoughtful understanding of the current landscape of CRC science, and make subsequent decisions about research questions and spaces in which to invest moving forward. We will do this by hosting a one-day workshop that will result in a comprehensive report and five-year plan with important and difficult organizational conclusions about where we can have the largest return on investment, and ultimately save the most lives with the research resources at our disposal.
As such, we are seeking a part-time consultant to help plan and facilitate an exciting workshop to discover:
- Innovative new research discovery in colorectal cancer prevention and screening, treatment, genetics, and survivorship.
- Alliance progress to date, through our own research efforts and those of grantees over the past five years.
- Continued gaps or burning research questions critical to both the patient and investigator community where we are not otherwise seeing an investment.
The consultant will plan, execute, and facilitate a creative, cutting-edge workshop, as well as analyze and report out on findings. We estimate that the work will last four months at approximately fifteen hours/week. This research leader should have the following experience:
- Strong track record in running meetings and facilitating collaborative, multidisciplinary discussion
- Understanding of the cancer research landscape, science, and important topics
- CRC-specific knowledge helpful
- Knowledge of the players that are central to the clinical research ecosystem (including federal, academia, biopharma, advocacy, and more)
- Strong organizational and communications skills necessary
- Expertise in stewarding key relationships to advance shared goals
Temporary consultant (approximately four months)
Vice President, Patient Support & Research Strategy
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Research Consultant" in the subject of the email.