Manager of Human Resources
Manager of Human Resources
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is seeking a Manager of Human Resources, who will be directly responsible for the overall administration, management and evaluation of the human resource function.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients and families, survivors and caregivers, navigate their diagnosis and treatment, connecting them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, address concerns, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
Administration and Organizational Enhancement
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. Prepares and modifies employee handbook as needed. Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that adherence by staff is followed.
- Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs (digital and paper records.)
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings.
- Coordinate annual staff retreat and assists executive team in agenda creation
- Employee relations counseling
Benefit and Compensation
- Performs bi-weekly payroll for a staff of 45 in 8 different states, time and labor management, and oversees time off requests and staff balances.
- Administers various benefit programs to include health, dental, vision, FSA, 401K, accident and disability, life insurance, claims resolution, worker’s comp, change reporting, resolve problems with carrier representatives.
- Administers COBRA.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment claims.
- Approving invoices to benefit providers, ensuring appropriate calculation of premiums are being charged.
- Annual re-evaluation for cost-effectiveness of benefit plans and conduct benefit orientation, enrollment and explanation of benefits.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; conducts annual salary surveys and analyzes compensation.
Recruitment and Staffing
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary employees; writes and post job descriptions and advertisements; collects resumes, conducts phone screens; assists managers in reference checking; background checks, extends job offers
- Creates and conducts new-employee orientations and exit interviews.
- Manages and coordinates the annual performance review process; communicates timeline, process and ensures all staff have a clear understanding of expectations.
- Rewrites job descriptions as necessary.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Manage professional development budget for the organization
Policies, Procedures and Compliance
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive team for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the COO, on personnel matters.
- Ensures distribution of required employee notices.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience.
- Outstanding verbal communications skills and the ability to make oral presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, create and advance projects with a high degree of independence.
- Exceptional people-skills and professional attitude.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- High degree of ethics and discretion.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimal travel is anticipated for this position
Chief Operating Officer
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications missing any of these three items will not be considered.