Major Gifts Officer
Major Gifts Officer
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients and families, survivors and caregivers, navigate their diagnosis and treatment, connecting them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, address concerns, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research.
The Major Gifts Officer will play a critical role in meeting the organization's ambitious fundraising goals, including a multi-million-dollar fundraising campaign scheduled to start in late 2018. The Major Gifts Officer will have responsibility to cultivate, solicit and steward gifts of $10,000 or more from generous individual donors. This position works collaboratively and strategically with the Director of Individual Giving and the Chief Development Officer, along with the Special Events and Undy RunWalk Team, to build a pipeline of major donors, solicit/close major gifts and steward donors appropriately. The Major Gifts Officer will report to the Chief Development Officer.
- The Major Gifts Officer will work in tandem with an outside fundraising firmto execute on the fundraising strategy for the 20th Anniversary Campaign.
- The Major Gifts Officer will develop major gift strategies by analyzing the current donor base and by identifying and qualifying donors.
- The Major Gifts Officer will develop and implement strategies to move prospects through the moves management giving cycle. In addition to face-to-face visits, the Major Gifts Officer will utilize various communication methods such as phone, mail and electronic correspondence to keep donors informed and connected to the Alliance.
- The Major Gifts Officer will work with the Individual Giving, Special Events and Undy RunWalk teams to move existing Annual Fund and event donors to major donor giving levels.
- The Major Gifts Officer will develop a stewardship program for major donors and facilitate recognition efforts/events to help to secure the lasting commitments of donors.
- The Major Gifts Officer will maintain a portfolio of between 100 and 150 major donor prospects who are at various stages of their relationship with the Alliance.
- The Major Gifts Officer will lead one-on-one solicitation of gifts of $10,000 or more and will coordinate joint solicitations with the Chief Development Officer and CEO.
- The Major Gifts Officer will work collaboratively with the Vice President of Programs to identify programmatic initiatives in need of funding and to determine if specific giving initiatives meet the programmatic objectives of the Alliance.
- The Major Gifts Officer will complete and maintain current data tracking for entire prospect portfolio in Salesforce. This includes timely completion of contact reports, updating prospect stages, next step tasks, and proposals.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees of the organization
are expected to fulfill the following:
- Have a general understanding of colorectal cancer prevention and treatment; be an advocate for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance and its mission.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, constituents and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- The Major Gifts officer must have a proven record of accomplishment in the major gifts environment not only in identifying and qualifying major donors, but in soliciting and closing gifts of $10,000 or more, preferably with experience closing multiple six-figure gifts.
- Five to seven years of progressive experience in major gifts prospecting, solicitation and stewardship.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise professional judgment and discretion.
- Strong research, analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with fundraising database software and wealth screening software.
- Team oriented, flexible, creative, positive, personable, and eager to learn.
- Frequent travel required.
Chief Development Officer
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all three of these required items will not be considered.