Foundation Giving Manager
Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to use your expertise in foundations relations and grant writing to help save lives or make a positive impact on those in need? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving, the Foundation Giving Manager will be responsible for researching new foundation prospects, establishing relationships with foundations, writing and submitting grant proposals, securing foundation funding commitments, and stewarding foundations to renew support all in an effort to help us reach our ambitious goal of eradicating colorectal cancer in our lifetime.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve over the course of the first year include:
- Secure $300,000 in foundation support during the first year; with an expected goal increase in following years.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 50+ accounts among private and corporate foundations; with a goal of submitting 75 proposals in the first year.
- Actively research, identify and cultivate new foundation prospects. Execute high-quality and strategic prospect research using industry tools and best practices.
- Work in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving to analyze new prospects and new grant opportunities and create application strategies to meet the organization’s needs and maximize its competitiveness.
- Develop key working relationships with the programmatic team, who will be integral in providing assistance in the grant writing process.
It is not an understatement to say that this position will be part of a team responsible for saving thousands of lives and improving countless more. The urgency of the situation due to the 1.4 million people in the US that have this disease requires that we find someone who can deliver results immediately. We believe a proven record of securing grant funding and establishing relationships with foundation funders is key to success in this role. It would be helpful for the applicant to have established relationships with current foundations they can bring with them to the Alliance. If you have that experience, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Foundation Giving Manager" in the subject of the email.
The office is based in Washington, DC, however, the position may be remote.
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Senior Director, Corporate and Foundation Giving
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Foundation Giving Manager" in the subject of the email.