Director of Patient Navigation
Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to use your expertise in patient support and case management to help save lives and make a positive impact on those in need? If this is you, then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team as our Director of Patient Navigation!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
To reach our ambitious goals, the Alliance must build and leverage partnerships with healthcare organizations, social support organizations, and other stakeholders. If we succeed, the Alliance can more effectively scale the impact of its programs through existing reach into communities, especially those communities facing health disparities in colorectal cancer diagnoses and outcomes. We believe that creating meaningful partnerships with healthcare, community, government, and for-profit organizations is essential to our overarching goal of saving lives. The Alliance is seeking a Director of Patient Navigation to join the organization’s Care Pillar team. This role will be responsible for ensuring the Alliance is the leading colorectal cancer support organization and providing top quality services for patients, survivors, and caregivers.
Some goals the successful applicant must achieve in the first year include:
- Serving as the lead organizational expert in the patient experience and addressing the clinical, psychosocial, and financial needs of the patient and caregiver community
- Overseeing a team of five patient navigators and cultivating a culture of collaboration, motivation, and support on the team
- Building an ongoing program methodology to our navigation portfolio based on oncology navigation standards and best practice
- Overseeing constituent workflow & the measurement model for continued understanding of the programmatic impact, challenges, and opportunity for process improvements
- Representing the Alliance’s portfolio of patient and caregiver services and patient navigation, as well as identifying areas for new potential programs
- Utilizing expertise and best practices in clinical case management and navigation to continuously improve Helpline, digital solution, and other program protocols
- Managing patient education around cancer and survivorship on the Alliance website and other channels
- Leading a model for collaboration across the organization with a goal of integrating mission impact across the organization, internally and externally
- Overseeing the successful execution for AllyCon, the Alliance’s annual patient conference
- Cultivating and managing relationships with programmatic partners, collaborators, and vendors
- Advanced degree in health administration, hospital administration, public health, or social work preferred
- Experience in case management, client support management, and/or overseeing a department of patient or client services
- Extensive experience in measuring healthcare programs or services
- Expertise in maintaining systems for efficient client services
It is not an understatement to say this position will be part of a team responsible for saving thousands of lives and improving countless more. With 1.4 million people in the US living with colorectal cancer, we have urgency to hire someone who can deliver results immediately. If you believe you have the experiences and ability to successfully achieve these goals, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Patient Navigation” in the subject of the email. To view all job opportunities at the Alliance, visit https://www.ccalliance.org/careers.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is committed to providing a productive and professional environment in which volunteers and staff work together with mutual respect and appreciation of their diversity to achieve the mission of the organization. The Alliance believes it is important to be genuinely representative of the community we serve, and in the importance of creating programs and activities, and collateral materials, that are culturally sensitive and responsive to all communities’ needs. This is essential to increasing colorectal cancer prevention and survivorship rates. Furthermore, we strive for an inclusive environment where volunteers, staff, and others who support the Colorectal Cancer Alliance reflect the full diversity of people affected by colorectal cancer and feel welcome to share their talents, skills, and passions in pursuit of our mission.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Alliance is open to remote candidates, but the position will require travel to Washington, D.C.
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Senior VP, Patient Support & Research Strategy
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Director of Patient Navigation” in the subject of the email.