Director of Digital Strategy
Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to wake up each morning knowing the work you do will save lives or make a positive impact on those in need? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
While the Alliance has grown in recent years, its recent launch of a five-year, $100 million mission-driven fundraising campaign will result in significant growth in the short and long term.
The Director of Digital Strategy will be responsible for utilizing our digital platforms to help translate additional resources into impact through increasing the size of our community and raising awareness of our programs to help us reach our ambitious goal of serving 750,000 annually.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve over the course of the first year include:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for building a digital connection with the Alliance's existing colorectal cancer community
- Determine and implement the best methods, mediums, and outlets for reaching under-represented/target audiences
- Launch optimized online advertisements to increase Alliance brand, awareness, and resources
- Develop and oversee a strategy for engagement/contact acquisition to grow the Alliance community and database, stewarding new allies to donate or volunteer
- Determine reasonable and achievable metrics for success for email, social media, website, online advertising, and increased engagement, which includes but is not limited to:
- Establish the definition of engagement for each medium
- Boost number of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and IG followers
- Grow Alliance database by with an emphasis on new audiences (men, minorities, over 50)
- Increase engagement on website (page views), decrease bounce rate, increase conversions (donations, newsletter subscriptions, downloads)
It is not an understatement to say that this position will be part of a team responsible for saving thousands of lives and improving countless more. The urgency of the situation due to the 1.4 million people in the US that have this disease requires that we find someone who can deliver results immediately. We believe a proven record of accomplishment in executing digital strategy for associations/nonprofit organizations similar in size and scope is essential for someone to be successful in this role. If you have that experience, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to jobs@ccalliance(dot)org. Please include "Director of Digital Strategy" in the subject of the email.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Vice President, Marketing and Communications
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] ccalliance [dot] org. Please include "Director of Digital Strategy" in the subject of the email.