Digital Project Manager
Are you a skilled project manager looking for a meaningful job? If you are ready to stop logging every minute you work and start helping more people, then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team as our new Digital Project Manager!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
Reporting to the VP of Data Intelligence and Technology, the Digital Project Manager will be expected to not only keep projects on track but to also contribute to the strategy for the best possible deliverable. The Alliance is constantly evolving, and innovative digital solutions are a core part of our plans to help end Colorectal Cancer. We will look to our Project Manager to manage multiple exciting projects that will help us accomplish our all-important goal of eradicating colorectal cancer in our lifetime.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve over the course of the first year include:
- Successful management of several digital projects, both large and small and in conjunction with internal staff and external vendor teams, that results in on-time, high-quality deliverables.
- The development of a project tracking process within our existing project management system that includes tasks, risk registry, timelines and budgets.
- The execution of research on potential vendors or platforms that results in a decrease of time spent on those efforts by non-technical staff and improved outcomes through the selection process.
- Meaningful ideation of features or enhancements for ongoing and future projects that results in improvement to the final deliverables.
It is not an understatement to say that this position will be part of a team responsible for saving thousands of lives and improving countless more. The urgency of the situation due to the 1.4 million people in the US that have this disease requires that we find someone who can deliver results immediately. We believe that a proven record of digital project management would be critical in this role as it demonstrates the skills necessary for success, such as:
- Organizational skill that allows for management of multiple digital projects at the same time.
- Comfort using project management software to track projects progress and decisions.
- Comfort leading meetings and calls that will include vendors, partners and internal teams.
- Comfort with modern digital platforms. (We use Salesforce, Classy, Pardot but that is not required experience.)
- Strong communication, both written and verbal, and the ability to share complex information between technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to identify potential areas of project risk on timeline, budget, or execution and elevate to management.
If you have that previous experience or feel like you can make the case why your background would allow you to be successful in this role, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Digital Project Manager" in the subject of the email.
The office is based in Washington, DC, however, the position may be remote.
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Vice President, Data Intelligence and Technology
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Digital Project Manager" in the subject of the email.