Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to wake up each morning knowing the work you do will save lives or make a positive impact on those in need? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The Development Associate works directly with the Senior Director of Individual Giving to support the fundraising practices and capabilities of the entire Development team. The Development Associate is critical to supporting a robust fundraising program and an opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about fundraising and nonprofit administration.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve over the course of the first year include:
• Oversee the workplace giving program with the aim to increase outreach and participation while developing and executing a stewardship strategy for individuals in the program.
• Increase awareness of matching gift opportunities and manage the stewardship of all donors that request corporate matching on behalf of the Alliance.
• Manage the Alliance’s effort to help individuals honor their loved ones through our tribute program and steward their relationship with the organization.
• Track and build out the strategy for enhancing the Alliance’s recurring monthly donor program
• Cultivate a list of 20-30 donors to manage, solicit, and steward.
• Assist with year-end fundraising efforts leading the efforts to thank supporters through holiday cards and events, scheduling and coordinating related meetings, taking meeting notes, and managing the communication for all deliverables and deadlines related to the campaign.
• File and track all donor correspondence in Salesforce in a timely manner.
• Provide additional administrative and logistical support to the Development team as needed.
It is not an understatement to say that this position will be part of a team responsible for saving thousands of lives and improving countless more. The urgency of the situation due to the 1.4 million people in the US that have this disease requires that we find someone who can deliver results immediately. Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Development Associate” in the subject of the email.
This is position based in Washington, DC
Senior Director of Individual Giving
How To Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Development Associate” in the subject of the email.