Special Events Intern
Are you looking for a meaningful paid, part-time internship? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team as our next Special Events Intern!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The Alliance is seeking a talented and hardworking individual to support the Special Events team as the Special Events Intern in the Development Department at the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. This individual would be assisting in the management of the DC Car Raffle for our National Blue Hope Bash event.
The Special Events Intern is a critical member of the Special Events Team and Development Department and directly contributes to the effort to achieve ambitious fundraising goals by acting as the operational support for the team with the opportunity to also gain special event fundraising experience.
The job responsibilities of this paid internship are:
- Performs basic data entry and ongoing database maintenance in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (SalesForce & Classy) as it relates to revenue activities.
- Manages the Blue Hope Bash DC car raffle including processing (mailing of tickets), tracking and reporting on all tickets sold.
- Facilitate administrative tasks related to DC car raffle outreach.
- Assist in boosting promotional outreach of the car raffle.
- Executes effective and consistent communication with their supervisor on all ongoing projects.
- Coordinates and tracks key deadlines within the car raffle’s management dashboard (Asana).
- Provides operations support to the Operations Coordinator around strategies that promote the car raffle and the sale of tickets
- Assists with the logistical planning and execution of the Alliance’s National Blue Hope Bash
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per week from August through December.
- Interest and experience in nonprofit fundraising development and events.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you believe you have the experience and ability to successfully achieve these goals, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Special Events Intern" in the subject of the email.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is committed to providing a productive and professional environment in which volunteers and staff work together with mutual respect and appreciation of their diversity to achieve the mission of the organization. The Alliance believes it is important to be genuinely representative of the community we serve, and in the importance of creating programs and activities, and collateral materials, that are culturally sensitive and responsive to all communities’ needs. This is essential to increasing colorectal cancer prevention and survivorship rates. Furthermore, we strive for an inclusive environment where volunteers, staff, and others who support the Colorectal Cancer Alliance reflect the full diversity of people affected by colorectal cancer and feel welcome to share their talents, skills, and passions in pursuit of our mission.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Washington, DC (hybrid work with occasional in person tasks)
Paid, part-time, non-exempt
Must be available for up to 20 hours per week from August through December
Senior Director of Special Events
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Special Events Intern” in the subject of the email.