Development Operations Manager
Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to use your expertise in fundraising and gift entry to help save lives and make a positive impact on those in need? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team as our next Development Operations Manager!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting the Development Department in all fundraising efforts by managing key aspects of the gift entry and acknowledgement processes, including:
- Gift entry and weekly revenue coding and recoding
- Creating, personalizing, and mailing gift acknowledgments
- Tracking and acknowledging donor pledge payments
- Tracking all donor soft credits
- Managing the Salesforce platform for the Development Department by ensuring;
- Data integrity is always protected and upheld
- All Salesforce entries are made in a timeline and accurate fashion
- Portfolios are frequently deduped
- All reporting requests for the Development Department are addressed quickly and efficiently
- All deceased record updates are made quickly
- Managing the Workplace Giving Program and Matching Gift lines of revenue, including all applications related to Workplace Giving and all record keeping related to both programs.
- Managing the portfolio management process, preparing donor lists in advance, facilitating the department-wide donor review meeting every two weeks and making all post-meeting portfolio assignments in Salesforce.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve in the first year include:
- Reporting and development data is up to date and provided appropriately to the various members of the Development Department.
- Salesforce management and utilization across the Development Department is effective and thorough, with concerns shared timely for resolution.
- Donors are assigned to portfolios appropriately, efficiently and effectively.
- Collaboration is effective across departments with a strong communication process.
- Timely and accurate tracking of gift entry, coding, acknowledgements and pledges.
- Raise at least $225,000 in revenue from the workplace giving and matching gift programs with the aim to increase outreach and participation while developing and executing a stewardship strategy for individuals in the program.
If you believe you have the experience and ability to successfully achieve these goals, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Operations Manager” in the subject of the email.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is committed to providing a productive and professional environment in which volunteers and staff work together with mutual respect and appreciation of their diversity to achieve the mission of the organization. The Alliance believes it is important to be genuinely representative of the community we serve, and in the importance of creating programs and activities, and collateral materials, that are culturally sensitive and responsive to all communities’ needs. This is essential to increasing colorectal cancer prevention and survivorship rates. Furthermore, we strive for an inclusive environment where volunteers, staff, and others who support the Colorectal Cancer Alliance reflect the full diversity of people affected by colorectal cancer and feel welcome to share their talents, skills, and passions in pursuit of our mission.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
This position can be based in either the Alliance’s Washington, DC headquarters or remote.
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Chief Development Officer
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Development Operations Manager" in the subject of the email.
To view all job opportunities at the Alliance, visit https://www.ccalliance.org/careers