Our Conversations Webinar Series is an opportunity to link national experts in colorectal cancer and other related fields to you, right in the comfort of your own home. The programs are designed to empower you to play a leading role in your healthcare management.
On May 20 we hosted our Conversations Webinar “Dehydration: Causes, Impact On Your Treatment and What You Can Do” with H2ORS, the creator of an oral rehydration system, to discuss how important being properly hydrated is to your success.
Did you miss the webinar? No problem! Check out these top 5 takeaways and watch the replay.
- Cancer treatments are likely to cause dehydration with each individual and successive treatment.
- Dehydration can be a common issue for many people, but even more so in a typical cancer patient. The symptoms of mild-to-moderate dehydration are unpleasant and easily confused with cancer treatment side effects.
- Proactively using an oral rehydration solution helps maintain and restore proper fluid and electrolyte balance in cancer patients; proper fluid and electrolyte balance lessens cancer treatment's side effects.
- Oral rehydration solution (ORS) is proven to be as fast and effective for treating mild-to-moderate dehydration as IV fluids. ORS delivers significant amounts of fluids and electrolytes with an absorption rate so fast that even patients experiencing vomiting and diarrhea can retain the fluids.
- ORS represents a way for cancer patients to relieve treatment-related dehydration quickly, effectively, inexpensively and at home—before the symptoms become unbearable.
Be sure to download the slides. Don’t forget, the Colon Cancer Alliance serves as a source of information about colon health. If you have additional questions about colon cancer screening or are in need of support, please contact our free Helpline at (877) 422-2030. We’re here to help.