Our Conversations Webinar Series is an opportunity to link national experts in colorectal cancer and other related fields to you, right in the comfort of your own home. The programs are designed to empower you to play a leading role in you healthcare management. On March 18, we hosted our Conversations Webinar on CT (or virtual) colonography with Dr. David H. Kim, MD, FACR, FSAR, Professor of Radiology, Vice Chair of Education, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, as our expert presenter. Weren't able to make it? No worries. Check out Dr. Kim's top 5 takeaways.
- CT colonography is an effective, safe screening test that does not require sedation
- Radiation risks have been sensationalized and are not a true concern
- CT colonography can incidentally detect important conditions outside of the colon including aortic aneurysms and cancers but also may lead to additional tests for ultimately unimportant diagnoses
- CTC-based screening should be undertaken from a programmatic approach and integrated with colonoscopy
- Reimbursement is increasing
Be sure to download the slides on our website. Don’t forget, the Colon Cancer Alliance serves as a source of information about colon health. If you have additional questions about colon cancer screening or are in need of support, please contact our free Helpline at (877) 422-2030. We’re here to help.