It's fair to say, we kicked some colon cancer butt last month! From our Nationwide Cancer Prevention Tour (the giant colon saw 30+ cities this month!) to unique fundraising initiatives (butt wipe, anyone?), advocacy & treatment milestones, the biggest Undy 5000 5K Run EVER, the first National Colon Cancer Survivor Day & blue photos galore, together we made a massive footprint. Thank YOU for making it a month to remember! Interested in what all went down? Check out the list & photos below & be sure to tell us about YOUR event in the comments. And don't forget to read up on how you can help keep the momentum going!
450+ Photos Submitted
1.5+ Million People Reached on Social Media
$400,000+ Raised Through Dress in Blue Day & the Undy 5000
March Activities & Events
- Mar 1 - National Colon Cancer Awareness Month Launch, #preventcoloncancer, Pres. Obama Issues Official Proclamation
- Mar 1 - Sacramento Undy 5000
- Mar 2 - Colon Cancer: Everything You Need to Know Google Hangout (with Cleveland Clinic)
- Mar 4 - Announcement of Dollar Shave Club Partnership - thank you for $10,000 raised!
- Mar 5 - Colon Cancer Survivor Day
- Mar 6 - Thunderclap for Dress in Blue Day (with Genentech)
- Mar 7 - National Dress in Blue Day - 450+ photos shared!
- Mar 7 - Walgreen's Goes Blue for Dress in Blue Day in Deerfield, IL
- Mar 7 - Dr. Mark Pochapin (Colon Cancer Alliance Medical Scientific Advisory Committee Member) on the TODAY show with Kathie Lee and Hoda
- Mar 8 - San Diego & Macon Undy 5000 events
- Mar 12 - MedHelp Newsletter Feature (700,000 distribution)
- Mar 13 - Colon Cancer Alliance Staff & Volunteers in Katie Couric Audience
- Mar 14 - Lunch & Learn with Genentech & Fight Colorectal Cancer in San Francisco, CA
- Mar 17 - Panel Discussion with American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, Marlborough Hospital, and Health Resources in Action
- Mar 17 & 18 - Fight Colorectal Cancer's Call on Congress & Congressional Luncheon with NCCRT & HHS
- Mar 18 - Twitter Chat with Montefiore Medical Center #colontalk
- Mar 18 - Ferring's Take a Stand Against Colon Cancer & Boomer Birthday Bash Kick Off at Grand Central with Bob Pap and Boomer Esiason
- Mar 18 - Honey Boo Boo Goes Through the Giant Inflatable Colon
- Mar 19 - Dollar Shave Club's CEO Mike Dubin gets a colonoscopy, partner with DSC on live twitter chat #DSColon
- Mar 21 - Anal Cancer Awareness Day (Partnered with Anal Cancer Foundation)
- Mar 21 - Advocacy Alert: Tell Your Rep to Support Increased CDC Funding
- Mar 22 - Central AZ Chapter Survivorship Symposium (70+ attended)
- Mar 23 - Appear in USA Today's Digestive Health Insert in Targeted Locations
- Mar 25 - My CCA Support "Show Your Battle Scars" Chat (with Colandar models)
- Mar 27 - Colon Health Alert: EndoChoice
- Mar 28 - Ad Feature on AOL.com (reached 27 million+ readers)
- Mar 29 - St. Louis Undy 5000 - record-breaking attendance!
- Mar 29 - DC Minority Outreach Event (with Capital Digestive Care)
- Mar 31 - Blue Genes Bash (with AliveandKickn)
- Mar 31 - Advances in the Treatment of Colorectal Cancer Webinar (with CancerCare)
- Be Seen, Get Screened Facebook "Like" Campaign (with Exact Sciences)
- KNOCK OUT Tee Sales
- Get Blued! Photo Contest - congrats to our winners!
- National Cancer Prevention Tour (with Bayer - 30+ stops throughout March!)
- MedHelp Colon Cancer Forum & Partnership with Dr. Frank Farrell (with ColonVitamin)