Thank you for your interest in working with the Colon Cancer Alliance! These are the positions that are currently available:
Marketing & Communications Director
The Colon Cancer Alliance (CCA) seeks an experienced Marketing and Communications Director responsible for advancing the organization’s mission and developing the CCA’s overall marketing, communications and branding strategy with a focus on brand stewardship, marketing, media outreach, public relations and fundraising.
The Marketing and Communications Director oversees daily activities of the dynamic Marketing/Communications Team including budgets, staff, consultants and project management. The Director will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and work closely with other departments and third party vendors to ensure organizational goals are met. The successful candidate will have experience and proven results in web, social media and other electronic communications and marketing strategies. Exact title will be determined based on experience.
We are looking for visionary, fun and results orientated leadership. This person should also be organized, proactive, a solutions-based multi-tasker who is disciplined with excellent time-management skills. Superior verbal and written communication skills are a must. Must enjoy being part of a team but also possess the ability to show independent results. Experience with marketing/communications and/or fundraising software strongly preferred.
• Establish, manage and evaluate the Marketing and Communications Department’s annual goals, priorities and budget.
• Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer and other Department Leaders to ensure their respective marketing, communications and branding efforts are properly created, executed, budgeted, monitored and evaluated.
• Assess the organizational infrastructure and strategize accordingly.
• Position the organization as the leading colorectal cancer resource.
• Develop and execute strategies for furthering the organization’s mission to prevent colorectal cancer, fund research and provide patient support.
• Create compelling year-round call-to-action campaigns that further the organization’s mission.
• Build brand awareness, engage target audience and grow the organization’s reach.
• Work with the Development & Special Event leadership to increase funds and impact through existing campaigns and the creation of new initiatives.
• Collaborate with and advise team leaders on effective communications strategies to help reach department goals and increase the organization’s visibility.
• Ensure consistent branding and voice in all outbound communications.
• Oversee organization website and social media activity and be current, or lead, with online trends.
• Plan and manage all direct, targeted and promotional marketing efforts.
• Support the organization’s various departments by providing marketing and communications leadership around program implementation
• Conduct media outreach and serve as the primary media contact.
• Create or edit e-communications, op-eds, news releases and press materials as well as participate in the production of reports, advocacy alerts and funding proposals as needed.
• Supervise and mentor Marketing/Communications staff of three plus one consultant and related vendors.
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in nonprofit marketing
• Proven strength in marketing research and data analysis
• Proven leadership ability with a track record of empowering teams
• Strong understanding of social media marketing
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
• Relationship builder with the ability to unify vision
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
• Working knowledge of WordPress, plugins,SEO, SERP and database systems
• Experience with budget management and goal development
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Understanding of AP style
• 10% travel required
• Ability to be in Washington D.C. office 4-5 days a week.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Media & Marketing Coordinator
Media & Marketing Coordinator
The Colon Cancer Alliance seeks a full-time Media & Marketing Coordinator responsible for assisting the organization with establishing and implementing a media and marketing plan for the overall organization, Undy Run/Walk series and other special events. She/he will be an integral part of the Marketing team and expected to, on an ongoing basis, increase awareness and registration of events.
Superior verbal and written communication skills are a must, as is the ability to work across all departments and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects with conflicting deadlines. Must enjoy being an integral part of a team, but also able to work independently and provide direction to others. Eagerness to learn, adaptability and a can-do spirit are major pluses.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- 2-3 years managing and implementing an online marketing plan, plus media relations, pitching, paid/unpaid/in-kind advertising experience
- 2-3 years managing a comprehensive media strategy, including social channels, budget and media database
- Exceptional writing ability required, understanding of AP style and conversational tone are a plus
- Understanding of large scale events (5K, fundraising, etc) from a participant or planning angle
- Ability to think outside of the box and willingness to try new and creative tactics
- Natural networker who can seamlessly build relationships and rapport
- Basic design skills and the ability to provide thoughtful feedback on design projects
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products is required, experience with Adobe CS a plus
- Experience with Rallybound, Pardot, PR Newswire, Luminate CRM, Meltwater and/or WordPress a plus
- Experience with fundraising a plus, but not required
- 10% travel required
Responsibilities break down:
- Pre-event marketing and media management
- Engage with local volunteers and partners to maximize reach and provide support
- Coordinate interviews for local participants, and help them prepare
- Write and distribute press releases for pitching to local markets
- Seek and secure local and national media partnerships
- Conduct pilot marketing projects with creative outreach tactics
- Implement an engaging social media plan including targeted advertisements and sponsored content
- Seek in-kind media in both national and local markets
- Work in conjunction with the marketing team to manage Run/Walk social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Work with supervisor to appropriately manage and allocate budget for promotional activities
- Overall organization branding & media management
- Assure event branding is consistent throughout all aspects of marketing, including website, materials, merchandise and day-of event
- Manage vendor relationships and provide direction in order to update marketing materials
- Help create cohesion between Colon Cancer Alliance, special events and Run/Walk brands
- Work in partnership with the Marketing Director to provide feedback on website edits/overhaul
- Manage and steward all incoming media requests
- Manage media database
- Manage creative strategy for pitching Colon Cancer Alliance stories, news and brand
- Sponsor and vendor management
- Assure sponsors are receiving appropriate recognition for their level of commitment
- Manage relationships and seek opportunities to enhance and grow the relationships
- Data management, ROI tracking and reporting
- Effectively track, assess and report on data collected from efforts
- Work in partnership with Run/Walk and Marketing team to review ROI
- Track relationships and progress year after year
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, two (2) writing samples, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual Giving Intern
The Colon Cancer Alliance seeks a part-time (minimum 15 hours/week, up to 32 hours/week), paid intern to assist a growing organization in fulfilling its mission of ending colon cancer. The Individual Giving Intern will work with the Individual Giving Team assisting with data management, prospect research and other administrative tasks in an effort to enhance overall fundraising efforts.
- Updates team on a weekly basis as to new major donors while providing basic wealth screenings on each and managing the thank you note process for the Director of Individual Giving.
- Proactively researches current major donors and future major donor prospects.
- Assists with preparing handwritten thank you notes for mid/high-level donors.
- Stuffs and mails all acknowledgment letters on a weekly basis.
- Construct mailing lists and segmented mail mergers for fundraising appeals.
- Performs basic data entry and ongoing database maintenance in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (SalesForce, Luminate & Rallybound).
- Manages process for returned mail and performs necessary research to update donor addresses in all three CRM Systems.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- This position is available as a summer and/or academic year internship with a strong preference for someone who can start in the summer and continue through the academic year.
- A./B.S. degree preferred.
- Interest and experience in nonprofit fund development desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Suite and Social Networking Platforms.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Rallybound and fundraising database platforms strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise professional judgment and discretion.
- Team-oriented, flexible, positive, personable, and eager to learn.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Jordan Winn, Manager of Individual Giving at email@example.com. Please include subject line “Individual Giving Intern.”