If Requesting a Registration Scholarship
- Registration scholarship recipients will receive a discount code via email from the CCA that provides a reduced conference registration fee of $50. Recipients are responsible for registering for the conference themselves.
If Requesting a Travel Scholarship
- Travel scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel, then submitting a receipt to the CCA for reimbursement.
- The CCA will reimburse up to the awarded travel amount for those who attend the conference.
- Travel scholarship recipients must provide a copy of their receipts to be reimbursed. All receipts must be received by the CCA no later than Friday, November 8, 2013. The CCA will mail a reimbursement check within four weeks of receiving documentation from travel recipients.
- Travel scholarship recipients should make their reservations within two weeks of receiving the CCA’s notification that the scholarship has been awarded.
- The CCA recommends that travel scholarship recipients purchase travel insurance.
- If this travel reimbursement policy creates a financial hardship, recipients should contact the CCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Requesting a Lodging Scholarship
- The CCA will arrange accommodations for up to three nights (room and tax only) for lodging scholarship recipients. Room and tax fees will be billed directly to the CCA.
- At check-in, recipients will need to provide the hotel with a credit card to cover any incidental costs they incur during their stay.
- The CCA will pair lodging scholarship recipients to share rooms.
Scholarship Questions? Contact:
Colon Cancer Alliance Volunteer Engagement & Exhibit Coordinator
(202) 628-0123 ext. 112