Financial Assistance Stipend Applications
Thanks to individual and partner donations to the 2012 National Conference, the Colon Cancer Alliance (CCA) will be awarding a limited number of financial assistance stipends based on available funding.
We have received an overwhelming number of financial assistance applications. Unfortunately, due to limited funds, we have closed the application process.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Financial assistance stipends will be limited to patients, survivors, caregivers, family members, Colon Cancer Alliance (CCA) Buddies and volunteers, and those playing an integral role in the colorectal cancer community. Applicants must live in the United States.
- Stipend opportunities include registration, travel and/or lodging expenses. Stipends are offered through the CCA to cover attendance costs and are not provided through funding support by commercial interests.
- Healthcare professionals receiving AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or certified nursing contact hours cannot apply for registration, travel or lodging financial assistance stipends.
- The Financial Assistance Committee is fair and equal in all of its financial assistance processes for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All financial assistance decisions are final. There is no appeal process for decisions made regarding the awarding of these stipends.
- Stipend recipients are expected to attend all two-day 2012 National Conference events and sessions.
- Stipend recipients agree to provide a quote to the CCA within one week after the conference regarding their experience for use in reports and future promotional materials.
- Stipend recipients who are unable to attend the conference and do not cancel by Friday, July 6 will be solely responsible for any conference related expenses incurred by the stipend recipient or the CCA.
- Stipend recipients agree to waive any and all claims or causes of actions against the Colon Cancer Alliance, for any injuries or damages that may occur in any way related to the conference including travel, attendance or lodging.