Thank you for your interest in supporting the mission of the Colon Cancer Alliance. Your efforts will allow us to continue to fight colon cancer and ultimately end the suffering caused by this terrible disease.
1. Will Colon Cancer Alliance staff be able to help me organize my event?
We will do everything we can to help you make your event a success but you will need to do the majority of the planning. Assemble a trustworthy team of friends, family, or coworkers to help you put on your event.
2. Can the Colon Cancer Alliance assist in covering any costs associated with my event?
Unfortunately, the Colon Cancer Alliance does not have the funds to pay any costs associated with third-party events.
3. Will a Colon Cancer Alliance representative attend the event?
The Colon Cancer Alliance relies heavily on volunteers to achieve its mission. We often have volunteers represent us in the community. If you would like a volunteer to represent the CCA at your event, we will make our best effort to find a volunteer or staff person to accept a check and/or to address the attendees. However, because of the large number of events and the limited number of staff, staff members are generally unable to attend third-party events.
4. Can the Colon Cancer Alliance provide materials such as informational leaflets, donation forms, and small giveaways for my event?
Yes. With advance notice staff can provide these materials if they are available. All fundraisers will receive these materials free of charge but limitations do apply.
5. Can I use the Colon Cancer Alliance logo in any promotion for my event?
Yes! As awareness is so essential in the fight against colon cancer, the CCA is always looking to get its name and logo out into communities. However, we do ask that you send us a mock-up or draft of any materials bearing the CCA logo for approval first. Please allow 7-10 days for approval from the communications department.
6. Can I provide receipts or an acknowledgement letter from the Colon Cancer Alliance?
Yes. You can print out small tax receipts for cash donors and any donations made online or sent directly to the CCA will be receipted/acknowledged individually.
7. Can I use the Colon Cancer Alliance’s tax-exempt status when purchasing materials?
No. Third-party event organizers cannot use the CCA’s tax exemption status in conjunction with the event.
8. How soon after the event must I submit the offline funds that have been raised?
Within 10 days of the event, send the check(s) and offline donation form to the Colon Cancer Alliance headquarters. Please mail with this completed form.
Was your question not answered here? Email us at email@example.com.