We’re arming you with the tools to engage in our mission at the local level so you can save lives in your own neighborhood. With these tips and tricks from seasoned professionals, advocates and volunteers, you’ll be leaving your footprint in no time. Who wouldn’t be excited about that?
Top 6 Tips for Volunteering
- Consider the skills you have to offer. Do you have a skill that you’d like to put towards our mission – contact us! We’d love to have you join the team.
- Would you like to learn something new? Even if you don’t have experience in a particular area, no worries! We’re happy to provide training and support to assure you’re successful.
- Don’t overcommit your schedule. We know you have a life outside of volunteering and we want to honor that. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, just let us know! We want volunteering to be a great experience and can adjust duties and schedules easily.
- Consider volunteering virtually. There are plenty of opportunities for you to help right from the comfort of your home.
- Bring on your new ideas! Don’t be shy about sharing any new ideas with our team. We can’t think of everything and if you have a new idea about a way to get the word out, let us know!
- Share your heart. Bringing heart and a sense of humor to your work as a volunteer along with your enthusiastic self goes a long way.