Blue Note Fund
Country music legend Alan Jackson recently released a limited supply of his beautifully hardbound photo book, Seasons of Sweetbriar. Thanks to the Jacksons' generosity, 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the CCA’s Blue Note Fund.
"I am so proud to partner with the CCA on the establishment of the Blue Note fund in order to help make sure that your lights stay on, your phone stays connected and you keep your home. That's what the Blue Note Fund is about, helping to take care of your bills, so you can take care of yourself."
--Charlie Kelley, Blue Note Fund Co-Creator & Colon Cancer Survivor
At just 40 years old, Grammy-nominated country artist/producer Charlie Kelley was diagnosed with colon cancer. His experience taught him how many families are unable to meet the extraordinary financial demands that a cancer diagnosis can create. This became the inspiration for the Blue Note Fund.
The fund is named after a musical term, as well as the official color of colon cancer awareness. "A blue note is associated with soul,” says Kelley. “Most musicians and singers will slide in and around these notes to create emotion and cancer certainly is an emotional roller coaster!"
In January of 2011, thanks to Charlie and generous donations from volunteers and supporters, the Blue Note Fund officially launched as a CCA program. In just one year, the Blue Note Fund received 1,000 applications, gave over $120,000 in financial assistance, and awarded grants to more than 400 patients and families.
The Colon Cancer Alliance’s Blue Note Fund gives one-time grants of $300 to colon cancer patients who are currently in treatment.
Your generous donation to the Blue Note Fund provides hope to patients and their families who desperately need it. 80% of your gift goes directly to recipients while the other 20% supports the administrative costs that make this program possible.
Read more about Charlie in this article from March 2011 Coping Magainze.